One month car insurance policy
Temp car insurance
Benefits of temp car insurance
Temp car insurance is fast, convenient and simple to buy. All our policies are underwritten by Aviva on a comprehensive basis. They include business-use cover and can start within 15 minutes of making a booking whether you want cover for an hour, a day, a week or a month.
Our policies are standalone, so making a claim doesn’t affect your No Claims Discount (NCD) on any annual policy. What’s more, all our policies for UK temp car insurance come with free legal expenses cover to protect your interests in the event of an incident that is not your fault.
Uses of Dayinsure
- Borrowing a car
- Adding a temp additional driver to your car
- It’s a common misunderstanding that all annual insurance policies cover the policyholder to drive other cars.
- But most annual policies restrict the cover to the policyholder and any named drivers on the policy. The policyholder may be covered to drive other cars (but usually third party risks only). Take out a Dayinsure policy to drive a friend’s car and you will be covered comprehensively. Any claims will not affect the car owner’s NCD (No Claims Discount).
- Making a business trip
- Another misunderstanding is that annual insurance policies that cover commuting allow business trips to any location – they don’t!
- Commuting use only covers journeys to or from your regular place of work – so this could exclude cover if you visit a client, attend a training course or help out at a local branch.
- Our temp car-insurance policies provide full business use (but not the carrying of goods or passengers for hire or reward).
- Needing one-day car insurance in any situation, such as:
- where the annual policyholder gets taken ill and you need to take over the driving
- needing to share the driving on a long journey
- taking a SORN vehicle for an MOT
- driving a bigger vehicle to transport a piece of furniture
- transporting friends to an event
- where there’s a gap between one annual policy finishing and another one starting.
Who is eligible?
As well as UK licences, we can cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least six months (reduced to three months if aged over 25).
So, if you’re planning to come to the UK or are expecting visitors, temp car insurance in the UK from Dayinsure could be a great option. Rather than hire a car for the trip, it might be easier (and cheaper!) to borrow cars throughout the duration of the visit when you need anything from one-day to one-month car insurance. Buy our insurance online as and when required.
What you’ll need to buy short-term car insurance
- your name, address, DOB, email and occupation
- the registration number of the car you want to drive
- for non-UK licence-holders, a passport number (also required for Northern Ireland and Isle of Man licence-holders).
- the duration (from 1 hour to 30 days)
- when you want the cover to start
- whether you want any of our add-on options (such as breakdown or European cover).